THE DWELLING PLACE
The Dwelling Place is a program that forms small groups amongst Newmanites. Throughout the quarter, each small group will meet either virtually or in person to grow closer together and learn more about their faith. This quarter will focus on the virtues! All are welcome to sign up whether you wish to sign up alone or with friends. Dwelling Place is a great way to get closer to your brothers and sisters in Christ outside of our normal programming!
As the Newman Catholic Center is a religious organization affiliated with the Diocese of Sacramento, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) authorizes religious formations subject to conditions that support a safe and clean environment. All Masses and Religious Formation events at the Newman Center will be hosted by the Diocese of Sacramento.
Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic is not over. Our county’s risk level has landed in the PURPLE tier. As a result, effectively immediately, the following announcements are important to know:
1. The Newman Center site is open for outside reading, study, prayer and visits.
2. The Newman House is open by appointment or invitation only. Note: We are closed Nov 21st-29th for Thanksgiving.
3. All scheduled Masses will be streamed from St. James. They are not open to the public.
4. Fellowships, Newman Nights and Socials will be online.
5. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available with Fr. Rene by appointment only. Email him at email@example.com.
6. Scheduled Rosaries may continue outside, weather permitting.
GIVING TO THE NEWMAN CENTER
We are so grateful for those who support our ministry here in Davis! During this season of giving, we appreciate your great generosity in fostering our community of Catholic college students.
NEED A PRAYER?
We welcome you to submit a prayer request to be remembered at Mass and prayed for by our Newman community and priests. All personal information (name and email) will be kept confidential unless otherwise notified and you will never receive additional correspondences from us. Thank you and we will be praying for you.