The Catholic Newman Centers of the Diocese of Sacramento are committed to serving the needs of its students, fulfilling the mission of the Church and the goals of the Office of Young Adult Ministry. Following prayer, discernment and an assessment of how best to reach and impact a broad demographic of young adults, it was determined to create a new event: The College Summit--a completely collaborative effort planned and initiated by the staff and student leadership of all three centers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The College Summit?
It is a dynamic, conference-like gathering of Catholic Young Adults.
Who is it for?
The Summit will be attended by students affiliated with Newman Centers, and young adults from various parishes and campuses in Northern California. The primary participant will be undergraduates and graduates up to the age of 25.
What is the mission?
The College Summit is a Roman Catholic, weekend-conference for college-age young adults that interprets the Gospel in 2020 in new and enriching ways; designed to provide a transformative encounter of themselves, Christian community and our God.
What is unique or some talking points about The College Summit?
- The setting is an old resort-like hotel, converted into a retreat center nestled in rolling hills, just 15 minutes north east of Chico.
- It’s hosted by Newman Centers but welcomes Young Adult Catholics from various areas of Northern California.
- The schedule is flexible and diverse, designed to allow each participant to choose the path they want to take and the things they want to experience.
- It’s a conference dynamic, with a retreat feel.
- It may be one of the largest Catholic Young Adult gatherings in California.
- A dynamic experience of Roman Catholic Faith will be provided.
- It’s the first of its kind in our Diocese, we’re making history!